In this episode of Expert Profiles Atlanta, host Neil Howe talks with veteran businessman Tom Berger on consulting entrepreneurs and private company CEO’s.
Tom provides mentoring to entrepreneurs and private company CEOs on a wide variety of business topics. He does this on a pro bono basis and has been doing it for eight years. He likes to say that he helps individuals avoid the mistakes that he has made over his career but may inadvertently help them make new ones.
Although he has a high-tech background, he has found that business issues are the same across virtually every type of business. He has been involved with companies that vary from high tech to hunting clothing apparel, to a screenwriter who has written a script for a superhero movie. His engagements vary from a few hours to multiple sessions over several months. He does not advertise and maintains a low-key profile, selecting clients on an individual basis.
In 1990, Tom started jotting down notes about startups and company operational issues. Those notes grew over the years and resulted in his creation of 492 short, articles that each can be read in a minute or two. In total, those articles occupy over 1,000 pages and 415,000 words. All of them are posted on his free website: CxO-Atlas.com
In addition to his pro bono consulting work, Tom takes his two Golder Retrievers, named Smith and Wesson, to local schools to spend time with special needs kids. Since 2011, Tom and his boys, as he refers to them, have made 432 school visits.
Recent episodes from Neil Howe (see all)
- Nirjary Desai – CEO Of KIS (cubed) Events On Creating An Unforgettable Experience For Your Special Occasion – November 25, 2018
- Jim Yeargan- Atlanta DUI Lawyer On What To Do If You Get Pulled Over For DUI – September 3, 2018
- Mimi Adeogba – Yogini Mimi Shares How To Have Success As A Yoga Instructor – August 19, 2018
Recent episodes from Neil Howe Craig Williams (see all)
- Anatoly Zadorozhnyy – CEO of Marketing1on1.com on Delivering Results From Your Digital Marketing Campaign - January 16, 2019
- Seun Ajanwachuku – CEO of GVATE.com on Creating Greater Website Visibility and Conversion - January 15, 2019
- Bill Smith – Boston SEO on Using The Google My Business Map Pack To Drive Calls For Local Business - January 15, 2019