Today we have with us Rebecca Beardsley, author of Self-Care for Hairdressers: How to Prevent Stress and Burnout and Step Into the Professional You Were Meant To Be.
Contrary to popular belief, hairdressing is a very stressful job. Hairdressers are trusted to help people with their image and help them feel better about themselves. I meet hairdressers all over the country who work really hard, yet they have lost their way creatively or are burned out and unhappy, wondering if they should do something else to make a living. They make very little money, and they move from salon to salon, hoping the next position will be better. Hairdressers do all sorts of things to control the anxiety, depression and anger in this very demanding career choice. In this program, you’ll discover some great strategies to remedy those issues.
About Rebecca Beardsley
A native of San Francisco, Rebecca has styled hair for over 30 years in the Bay Area. She remembers loving fashion at the age of eight, influenced by her mother and five sisters, all of whom had great style and propensity for artistic expression. Rebecca’s mother sewed matching dresses for the girls, painted her nails, and could be described as a fashionista in Hong Kong in the 40’s, where she was raised. Her sisters wore the latest fashions, styled their hair, and applied makeup. Her father’s travels all over the world by sea piqued her interest in travel, customs, dress and hairstyles of other cultures.
Rebecca integrates all the early experiences of shape, color, texture and mood with a great deal of passion while creating beauty and collaborating with other like-minded artists. She provides makeup, and hair services on location for print and film. She is owner of ShineForth Salon, is a member of the National Artistic Team, as well as a member of the Styling Council for L’Oreal Professionnel, leading and building courses in Hairdressing in New York City. She is also a member of the Professional Beauty Association (PBA).
For Further Information
Visit Rebecca’s website, http://www.RebeccaBeardsley.com and to get Rebecca’s free report, 5 Simple Self-Care Strategies That Will Lead Hairdressers to a More Joyful Career. Rebecca’s book is available on Amazon here.
Recent episodes from (see all)
- Seattle Realtor Roger Morris Shares What He Enjoys About Working With Buyers and Sellers – November 21, 2017
- Richard Loniewski, Owner of Online Fitness Pro : Personalized Fitness No Matter Where You Live –
- Donald Bondeson Founder of Taxes in 24 Announces New Service – Tax Preparation for Individual, Business and Corporate Clients – November 20, 2017
Recent episodes from Donna Gunter (see all)
- Joel Helfer – 10-Minute Radio Producer – How Radio & Podcast Talk Show Guests Leave Money on the Table - October 28, 2016
- Jan Moore, Intuitive Life & Business Success Coach - August 10, 2016
- Nicole Jansen – Business Coach and Podcast Host - July 25, 2016