Marvin H. Berman, Ph.D., C.B.T., is Founder & President of QuietMIND Foundation.
QuietMIND Foundation’s mission is to study, provide and promote drug-free, low-cost, noninvasive approaches to understanding and treating disorders that affect people’s thinking, behavior, and movement.
Dr. Berman earned his Master’s and Ph.D. in Psychoeducational Processes from Temple University, where he studied group and organizational behavior. He obtained certification in Bioenergetic Analysis at the Philadelphia Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis in 1983. He has participated in post-graduate training workshops and seminars in neuropsychology, Systems-Centered Therapy, and the Feldenkrais Method. He was certified in EEG biofeedback in 2003.
Dr. Berman currently consults to senior executives and management teams on the application of cognitive neuroscience in leadership development and performance. He has often consulted on issues regarding team development, group relations, and organizational culture. He has taken a leadership role in expanding the application of EEG biofeedback and related technologies into the treatment of neuropsychological and neurodegenerative disorders.
During the interview Marvin shares:
- Why he started the QuietMIND Foundation and the type of work they do.
- What biofeedback and neurofeedback are and how they help people improve their health and mental fitness.
- How neurofeedback helps people restore memory loss and improve mental function.
- How breathing impacts the mental and physical health of people over 50.
- How the mind and body are connected and how our thoughts influence our ability to perform physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Why an overactive sympathetic nervous system can impair mental functioning and memory.
- Why drug-free, low-cost, noninvasive approaches to understanding and treating disorders that affect people’s thinking, behavior, and movement are the answer to the systemic health challenge we are facing today.
- The most significant mental shift people must make to take control of their health and wellness.
To learn more about the QuietMIND Foundation or to contact Marvin Berman go to:
Website – http://www.quietmindfdn.org/
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 610-940-0488
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Andra Lopez: Getting Fit and Staying Fit with F45 Training - February 24, 2021
- Robert Protass, VP Life Line Screening: How Our Screenings Provide Early Detection or Give Peace of Mind - January 19, 2021
- Cathy Richards, M.A., Exercise Physiologist Wellness and Healthy Aging Coach: Your Fresh Start to Forever Fit - January 16, 2021