If you are a woman over 40, and dealing with pre, menopause and post, this interview is for you. If you are finding it difficult to find the time and motivation to make you and your fitness a priority, this interview is for you. My guest today is a mom who has gone through 5 pregnancies and has 5 great kids but had had to work hard on her health and fitness ups and downs so now she can help other women on their fitness journey!
Drenda Weldon, Certified Fitness Instructor + Health & Wellness Coach, teaching fitness classes to women in Cary, Crystal Lake & Island Lake. She is ready to encourage you on your journey to strength for your body, heart and mind to Thrive not just survive!
During the interview, Drenda shares:
– How the REFIT & Renewal program is designed for women over 40 who are looking for an encouraging place to get fit.
– Why dance fitness programs are both fun and challenging.
– How she designs her programs to improve cardio, tone muscles, increase balance and flexibility, and keep your mind sharp.
– How she helps her students find the time and consistency necessary for them to achieve their fitness goals
– What challenges women over 40 face and how her program helps address them.
– How the pandemic impacted her student fitness routine and how she is adapting her approach to assist her students.
– How her own health challenges led her to become a Health Coach.
– What health and fitness tips she gives her students to get them through the pandemic safe and healthy.
For more information about Drenda and her classes go to
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Robert Protass, VP Life Line Screening: How Our Screenings Provide Early Detection or Give Peace of Mind - January 19, 2021
- Cathy Richards, M.A., Exercise Physiologist Wellness and Healthy Aging Coach: Your Fresh Start to Forever Fit - January 16, 2021
- Kandy Gore – Yoga – Personal Trainer for Equilibrium Personal Training Studio – How Yoga Helps People Over 50 to Achieve Their Fitness Goals - November 18, 2020