Dr. Mari Swingle is a practicing clinician, researcher, writer, presenter and author of i-Minds: How Cell Phones, Computers, Gaming and Social Media Are Changing Our Brains, Our Behavior, and the Evolution of Our Species. She practices in Vancouver, Canada, and speaks locally and internationally to professionals and the general public on the topic of health and happiness in the digital age.
Dr. Mari is a 2015 Winner of a Federation of Associations of Brain and Behavioral Sciences (FABBS) Early Career Impact Award for her ‘major research contributions to the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior’ … ‘and increasing awareness of research through media and public outreach.’
During her interview, she shares:
- How she started researching digital-based technology and its impact on our brains and behavior.
- Why children are experiencing such dramatic mental, social, emotional, and developmental issues because of screen-based technology.
- Why screen-based technology impacts people differently.
- How screen-based technology impacts the mental and emotional fitness of people over 50.
- How screens are changing our relationships with each other and what we can do about it.
- Why specific groups of women over 50 are particularly susceptible to the negative impact of screen-based technology.
- How to recognize if technology is causing an imbalance in your life.
- What actions you can take to use technology and not let it create an unhealthy imbalance in our life.
- What parents and grandparents can do to help their children and grandchildren use technology responsibly.
For more information or to contact Mari go to:
To purchase i-Minds: How Cell Phones, Computers, Gaming and Social Media Are Changing Our Brains, Our Behavior, and the Evolution of Our Species go to https://www.amazon.com/
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Cathy Richards, M.A., Exercise Physiologist Wellness and Healthy Aging Coach: Your Fresh Start to Forever Fit - January 16, 2021
- Kandy Gore – Yoga – Personal Trainer for Equilibrium Personal Training Studio – How Yoga Helps People Over 50 to Achieve Their Fitness Goals - November 18, 2020
- Shawn Bork, Certified Personal Trainer at Equilibrium Personal Training: How to Get and Stay Fit After 50! - October 19, 2020