If you are a woman over 40 who has been disappointed or injured by personal trainers in the past and avoided weight training/working out because of that issue, this episode is for you. If you’ve tried every “diet” and failed to keep the weight off, this episode is for you. If you’re at the point in your life where you just want to be healthy and strong and avoid the aches and pains and weight gain, this episode if for you!
Deborah Stern is a certified personal trainer, nutritional counselor and holistic practitioner with over 25 years of experience. She received her degree in psychology and nutrition from DePaul University. Deborah uses her education and own experiences in health, fitness and nutrition to craft personalized programs for each of her clients. The results her clients achieve are both impressive and personally satisfying. As one client stated, “Training with Deborah made me stronger in my 60s than I was in my 20s!”
During the interview, Deborah reveals:
- How her personal health and fitness journey including her successes, failures, disappointment and lessons learned helped shape how she helps clients achieve their health and fitness goals.
- The most common fears and “personal demons” women must overcome to achieve their fitness goals.
- Why women’s metabolism changes with age and why they don’t have to accept it.
- How a simple shift in how she viewed food opened a whole new world of food choices and enjoyment with healthy eating.
- Why gaining muscle mass is essential for turning your body into a fat burning machine naturally.
- What steps she takes to ensure that all her clients get the most out every workout.
- Why training heavier, harder and longer may be keeping you from achieving your goals.
- How she uses “judgement free” food logs to inform, motivate and guide her clients to healthier and more satisfying food choices.
- What you can add at every meal to stop food cravings, increase energy and help build muscle.
- What she does with her clients to overcome their feeling of intimidation at the gym.
- The five keys to make sure that you hire the right personal trainer for you.
If you’d like more information about Deborah or to contact her, go to:
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Sohil Farahmand: Incorporating Fitness and Nutrition into a Busy Lifestyle - June 27, 2017
- Richard Haynes: Owner Total Joint Fitness LLC Shares the Keys to Successfully Recovering from Total Knee Replacement Surgery - June 14, 2017
- Deborah Stern: Personal Trainer and Nutrition Counselor Explains How Women Over Forty Can Get Fit and Stay Fit - June 5, 2017