Brian Magazine is a 56-year-old professional from Newburgh, Indiana. Like a lot men his age he had let his health and fitness stop being a priority. Although he wasn’t obese, he was overweight and out of shape. Through a series of circumstances, he transformed his five feet six-inch body from 185 to 160 pounds with 10 percent body fat. He has learned a lot about reclaiming his health and fitness and in the interview, he explains:
- How raising a family and running a business helped him add 25 “creeper” pounds over the years.
- How he finally decided to change his life and get fit.
- How getting his body to burn ketones instead of glucose increased his energy and focus.
- Why burning ketones for fuel is important to achieving sustained health and fitness.
- Why most people have difficulty getting their bodies to burn ketones.
- How a supplement helped his body make the switch to burning ketones for fuel.
- What he used to measure his fitness progress to stay on track and motivated.
- Why you must “want to be better” to “get better”.
- How support systems help overcome challenges along the fitness journey.
- Why SMART goals are essential for achieving success.
To learn more about Brian and his Ketogenic lifestyle go: https://www.facebook.com/brian.magazine
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Doris Lance, Author, Hiker, and Fitness Advocate: Age Well with Movement and Nature - June 23, 2021
- Andres Lopez, Owner and Executive Chef, Duck a Diet Meal Prep: Delivering Delicious, Healthy, Ready-to-Eat Meals to Busy Adults and Top-Level Athletes - June 3, 2021
- Mike Concha, Personal Trainer at Equilibrium Personal Fitness Studio: How Customized Programs Produce Sustainable Results. - May 4, 2021