Brian Magazine is a 56-year-old professional from Newburgh, Indiana. Like a lot men his age he had let his health and fitness stop being a priority. Although he wasn’t obese, he was overweight and out of shape. Through a series of circumstances, he transformed his five feet six-inch body from 185 to 160 pounds with 10 percent body fat. He has learned a lot about reclaiming his health and fitness and in the interview, he explains:
- How raising a family and running a business helped him add 25 “creeper” pounds over the years.
- How he finally decided to change his life and get fit.
- How getting his body to burn ketones instead of glucose increased his energy and focus.
- Why burning ketones for fuel is important to achieving sustained health and fitness.
- Why most people have difficulty getting their bodies to burn ketones.
- How a supplement helped his body make the switch to burning ketones for fuel.
- What he used to measure his fitness progress to stay on track and motivated.
- Why you must “want to be better” to “get better”.
- How support systems help overcome challenges along the fitness journey.
- Why SMART goals are essential for achieving success.
To learn more about Brian and his Ketogenic lifestyle go: https://www.facebook.com/brian.magazine
Phil Faris is a Best Selling Author, business consultant, coach and host of Never Too Late for Fitness Radio covering Experts, Innovators and Trendsetters in Business, Health, Fitness and Leadership.
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Doris Lance, Author, Hiker, and Fitness Advocate: Age Well with Movement and Nature - June 23, 2021
- Andres Lopez, Owner and Executive Chef, Duck a Diet Meal Prep: Delivering Delicious, Healthy, Ready-to-Eat Meals to Busy Adults and Top-Level Athletes - June 3, 2021
- Mike Concha, Personal Trainer at Equilibrium Personal Fitness Studio: How Customized Programs Produce Sustainable Results. - May 4, 2021