Brian Magazine is a 56-year-old professional from Newburgh, Indiana. Like a lot men his age he had let his health and fitness stop being a priority. Although he wasn’t obese, he was overweight and out of shape. Through a series of circumstances, he transformed his five feet six-inch body from 185 to 160 pounds with 10 percent body fat. He has learned a lot about reclaiming his health and fitness and in the interview, he explains:
- How raising a family and running a business helped him add 25 “creeper” pounds over the years.
- How he finally decided to change his life and get fit.
- How getting his body to burn ketones instead of glucose increased his energy and focus.
- Why burning ketones for fuel is important to achieving sustained health and fitness.
- Why most people have difficulty getting their bodies to burn ketones.
- How a supplement helped his body make the switch to burning ketones for fuel.
- What he used to measure his fitness progress to stay on track and motivated.
- Why you must “want to be better” to “get better”.
- How support systems help overcome challenges along the fitness journey.
- Why SMART goals are essential for achieving success.
To learn more about Brian and his Ketogenic lifestyle go: https://www.facebook.com/brian.magazine
Recent episodes from Phil Faris (see all)
- Sohil Farahmand: Incorporating Fitness and Nutrition into a Busy Lifestyle - June 27, 2017
- Richard Haynes: Owner Total Joint Fitness LLC Shares the Keys to Successfully Recovering from Total Knee Replacement Surgery - June 14, 2017
- Deborah Stern: Personal Trainer and Nutrition Counselor Explains How Women Over Forty Can Get Fit and Stay Fit - June 5, 2017