When you think about your own school, who is it designed for? What priorities are clear to your team and your families? It is so easy to get caught up in the test scores and assignments that we forget the true focus of our educational spheres: the students.
Our focus has to be ensuring they thrive and feel supported.
Jethro Jones joins us today to discuss how principals are integral in setting the culture of their schools and creating student-driven learning environments. He reminds us that we have the power to transform our schools to ensure we are serving the students. We also discuss communication vs. compliance, and how that can be the difference in making a student feel valued.
Listen in to feel empowered and inspired to take ownership of your schools and transform them into the thriving student-driven learning environments they can be.
About Jethro Jones
Jethro Jones is a leader, speaker, and problem solver that helps school leaders find success for their students and teachers. He hosts the Transformative Principal podcast and is also the author of SchoolX, a book that goes into detail on how to create a transformative school experience. He believes that we need more empathy in our learning spaces and works with ACSD to encourage student-driven learning environments. To learn more about Jethro, visit his website or follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Jump Through the Conversation
- [2:01] Question: Who IS school designed for?
- [3:18] What are the measures of success for schools?
- [5:28] Taking ownership of your school
- [7:13] Strategies to use
- [14:55] Having more empathy and understanding to avoid conflicts
- [28:05] Jethro’s Magic Wand: Everyone should be able to understand the intentions of others.
Links and Resources:
- Micro-School Coalition
- Transformative Mastermind
- SchoolX by Jethro Jones
- Email Maureen
- Schedule free 15-minute consultation with Maureen
- Facebook: Follow Education Evolution
- Twitter: Follow Education Evolution
- LinkedIn: Follow Education Evolution
- Maureen’s book: Creating Micro-Schools for Colorful Mismatched Kids
- Maureen on Good Morning America
- For show notes, links and more: https://educationevolution.com/29