Parents, are you looking for a different model for your child? Educators, are you ready to try something new, that’s outside the traditional educational system? It might be time to start your own school or micro-school.
COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on education and parents and educational leaders alike are scrambling to support our colorful, mismatched kids who aren’t being served in a strictly online or hybrid environment.
This week on the podcast, I’m sharing what your first steps should be when starting your own micro-school. And I’m also sharing success stories of some of my students in the Build Your Micro-School program. I’m thrilled to see how they’ve embraced this moment to make their dreams happen.
Jump Through the Episode:
- [1:07] Anyone is capable of starting a micro-school
- [1:47] The key starting point
- [2:22] What’s the opportunity or need?
- [2:38] How Build Your Micro-School students are making change happen
- [4:22] Getting clear on your priorities
- [5:24] The questions to help you focus your vision
- [12:40] Bullock Garden Project & Their Place
- [14:25] Untethered Minds Institute
- [15:45] What comes next
Links and Resources: https://educationevolution.org/24
Recent episodes from Maureen O’Shaughnessy, EdD (see all)
- 27. Micro-School Shortcut: Schools and Business, Pivot and Open a Micro-School – October 12, 2020
- 26. Surviving and Thriving in Education with Andrew Marotta – October 5, 2020
- 25. Looking at How Kids are Wired with Dr. Karen Wilson – September 28, 2020
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 27. Micro-School Shortcut: Schools and Business, Pivot and Open a Micro-School - October 12, 2020
- 146: What We Can Learn From People With Spinal Cord Injury – Dr. Mitchell Tepper - October 12, 2020
- 26. Surviving and Thriving in Education with Andrew Marotta - October 5, 2020