Chris-Tia Donaldson shares how she ended up creating a beauty company after graduating from Harvard Law School. Chris-Tia didn’t grow up around the beauty industry, so she put in the work making connections at trade shows that ultimately led her to labs and the ability to launch Thank God It’s Natural (tgin).
She shares advice that she learned along the way for anyone looking to start a new beauty brand. Chris-Tia values consistency, and knows that customers do too! Instagram is tgin’s number one social channel and they’ve been active there since 2014.
Chris-Tia sees her customers as her community, and during COVID chose to focus on how they could help, rather than sell…. which led to a record-breaking month!
Tune in for this conversation, and be ready to learn from Chris-Tia’s authenticity and experience.
About Chris-Tia Donaldson
Chris-Tia Donaldson is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Thank God It’s Natural (tgin), a manufacturer of natural hair and skincare products, currently sold in Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Sally’s Beauty, and Walgreens. In her role, she oversees all aspects of day-to-day operations, sales, and strategic partnerships.
Chris-Tia has been featured in major media publications such as USA Today, Marie Claire, Essence, Black Enterprise, Ebony, Heart & Soul, and the Chicago Tribune. Her book Thank God I’m Natural: The Ultimate Guide to Caring for Natural Hair is a #1 Amazon bestseller, and was hailed the “Natural Hair Bible” by Essence Magazine.
Highlights from the conversation:
- Harvard Law to Beauty Brand
- Advice to those starting a beauty business
- Learning to navigate the beauty industry
- Be focused and consistent
- Instagram loves videos!
- What a pandemic taught us
More info: https://brehmmedia.com/16
Recent episodes from Audra Brehm (see all)
- 20. How Sales & Marketing Coexist with Denise Shedrick – July 29, 2020
- 19. Using TikTok to Educate with Sarah Clifford from ALOA – July 22, 2020
- 18. Engaging Your Community with Alison Alhamed – July 15, 2020
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 28. Encouraging Leadership Development with Danny Bauer - October 19, 2020
- 147: Becoming Sex Positive with Heather Shannon - October 19, 2020
- 27. Micro-School Shortcut: Schools and Business, Pivot and Open a Micro-School - October 12, 2020