Who is your customer?
Listen to this conversation with Jamaliya Cobine, who explains why that question is so important.
Jamaliya loves the ever-changing nature of social media marketing. Although she’s never considered herself a marketer, she’s been helping people sell things since she was 15. Jamaliya values the importance of knowing your customer and implementing a customer-first motto.
Jamaliya realizes that ROI can be difficult to show at times, and that is why it is so important to set specific goals regarding reach and brand awareness. She discusses the importance of having a good balance between brand posts and product/marketing posts, to keep your customers engaged and excited about your story AND products.
About Jamaliya Cobine
Jamaliya is an e-commerce and digital executive with over 14 years of experience working with global fashion and lifestyle brands including Urban Outfitters, Topshop, and Burton Snowboards. She has expertise in e-commerce, omnichannel technology, digital transformation, e-commerce platforms, digital strategy, customer experience, international business, and customer-centric thinking.
Currently, Jamaliya is enjoying the startup life as the Vice President of E-Commerce & Digital Marketing for Ursa Major Skincare, a clean skincare brand that’s challenging the norms of the beauty and skincare industry.
Highlights from the conversation
- Jamaliya never considered herself a marker.
- Sales and Marketing work side-by-side.
- How to explain the importance of marketing when you can’t show ROI
- Metrics to pay attention to
- Instagram stories is a great way to connect with customers!
More info: https://brehmmedia.com/15
Recent episodes from Audra Brehm (see all)
- 17. Do What You Love with Kim Grustas – July 8, 2020
- 16. Why Consistency is Key with Chris-Tia Donaldson (tgin) – July 1, 2020
- 15. Knowing Your Customer with Jamaliya Cobine (Ursa Major) – June 25, 2020
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 17. Do What You Love with Kim Grustas - July 8, 2020
- 13. Using Place to Engage in Competency-Based Learning with Nate McClennen - July 6, 2020
- 78: 47th Birthday – Release, Regroup, and Realign - July 6, 2020