The Education Evolution podcast exists because education, as we know it today, is broken. Our children’s needs aren’t being met–academically, socially, or emotionally, even though the resources and strategies to meet those needs do exist.
The problem is that change takes time and money, making it easier to stick with the status quo than to gather the leaders and support needed to reimagine and change today’s learning landscape. Too many children are in pain and not reaching their potential because the education system has failed them.
On this podcast, you’re going to hear from educational leaders, parents, and teachers who want to be catalysts for change. We’ll talk about today’s education, what’s broken, who’s fixing it, and how.
Tune into this first episode, then new episodes each Tuesday as we highlight present concerns and share innovative solutions to spark the reimagining of learning and needed change.
About Maureen O’Shaughnessy
Maureen O’Shaughnessy, EdD, is a career school innovator with over 30 years of transforming learning in schools to better serve all students. She is the founding director of Leadership Preparatory Academy, a nonprofit progressive micro-school in Washington State. With a master’s degree in educational administration and a doctorate degree in educational leadership, she has an extensive understanding of the components needed to transform the education system.
Show Notes, Links and Resources: https://educationevolution.org/1
Recent episodes from Maureen O’Shaughnessy, EdD (see all)
- 17. Courageously Opening a Micro-School and “Being the Change” with Rachel Cole – August 4, 2020
- 16. Shifting Learning with Student-Led Summer Programs – July 27, 2020
- 15. Three Steps for Starting Your Own Micro-School – July 20, 2020
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 17. Courageously Opening a Micro-School and “Being the Change” with Rachel Cole - August 4, 2020
- S3E3: Beauty from Brokenness with Aundre Washington - August 3, 2020
- 136: Back into Dating – Marni Battista - August 3, 2020