After experiencing the addiction journey with her daughter Brittany, Katie left her career, in order to focus on family recovery.
She has now dedicated her life to guiding others through the overwhelming process of finding quality treatment for substance abuse, coaching families through their own recovery, and a consultant for the treatment industry.
Katie is the Executive Vice President of the non-profit FAN-Families Against Narcotics, on the Executive Committee for a Michigan opiate task force Operation Rx, and a national speaker on addiction.
Katie is also one of the leading forces behind the creation of Hope Not Handcuffs which led her to being presented the PAARI 2017 Leadership Award.
Katie is a professionally trained and certified Family Recovery Coach as well as an Addictions Recovery Coach and Interventionist.
Katie and her daughter Brittany also co-founded a blog, where they dig deep about their journey.
More info: http://amothersaddictionjourney.com
Find out more at http://beyondhoperadio.com
Hassle Free Books – Get your book published…simply, effortlessly, and affordably. http://hasslefreebooks.com
The Addictions Academy – The Nation’s Leading Accredited Addiction Treatment Services, Recovery/Sober Coaching & Intervention Training Academy: https://theaddictionsacademy.com/
As the Mother of an addict, she understands the journey and is passionate about being of service to those who want to live a more meaningful life.
Recent episodes from Shar Jones (see all)
- S2E4: Riding the Relapse Rollercoaster – July 22, 2019
- S2E3: Advocating for Addiction Recovery… And Our Loved Ones – April 15, 2019
- S2E2: That Familiar Place – February 11, 2019
Recent episodes from James Hamilton Healy (see all)
- 113: Premature Ejaculation and Treatment – Jeff Abraham - February 24, 2020
- 59: How to Have Flow and Ease Using Personality Type - February 20, 2020
- 112: Hip Injuries Can Cause Sexual Pain – Dr. Ben Domb - February 17, 2020