After watching friends succumb to poor health and cut down in the prime of their life. Dave Skattum knew he had to make some major changes in his life to see his dreams come true. After 10 years of grueling work, not only did he make some miraculous transformations, he also found his passion in life; To Help Men Take Steps Towards Good Health.
This show promises to be a place that will encourage you to take steps towards good health. We do three things; 1. Provide cutting edge teaching on men’s health topics, 2. Interviews with men who have done it and 3. Interviews with major influencers and pros in the men’s health arena. All focused around helping men move closer to good health.
Your Story – Real Life Stories About Taking Steps Towards Good Health with Stuart Baptist
Today we talked about:
- A balanced mind and body
- Change is possible -no matter what.
- The path of least resistance is not always the best path
- There are no dead ends
- Learning to experience the joys of life.
- And More….
About Stuart Baptist
Stuart was born in Greater London and graduated from Manchester University in 1995.
After graduation, he worked in one of the largest teaching hospitals in Europe for 3 years as a rotational physiotherapist covering burns, plastic surgery, spinal injuries, amputees, cardiothoracic intensive care and orthopedics.
With this wide experience, he then emigrated to Australia and travelled extensively, eventually settling in Newcastle at the John Hunter Hospital as the senior physiotherapist in Accident & Emergency.
In 1999 Stuart relocated to Sydney where he worked as a senior physiotherapist in various practices across Sydney and as practice manager at a large multi-centered practice in St Leonards’.
Stuart was the first physiotherapist to join Brad at Sydney Physiotherapy Solutions, 3 months after it was opened in 2007.
Orthopedically, Stuart has developed a special interest and a reputation in hip and shoulder biomechanics over the years.
Since 2009 he has been undertaking research through Sydney University looking at Men’s Health Physiotherapy, working to improve continence and erectile function of men suffering with prostate cancer. Currently he is looking to progress into full PhD specializing in using real time ultrasound to teach men how to more accurately isolate effective pelvic floor muscle control. His expertise extends to effective treatment of men with chronic pelvic pain, urinary and sexual dysfunction.
Stuart has been an invited speaker at several national & international conferences. His lectures on effective pelvic muscle control have been widely acclaimed.
Stuart states he is a full-time physio, part time researcher, and father to 4 young kids……this means that he gave up playing sports a while ago now and lives his sporting dreams vicariously through his children’s sporting achievements.
About Dave Skattum:
Dave Skattum is a family man, a health guru and an inspirational speaker. In his late 40s, some life-changing experiences created a starting gate for him to make drastic changes to improve his health. Since then he has taken off 70 pounds, participates in Triathlons and Ultra Trail running, and has weaned himself off junk food. He enjoys nutritious foods, has become accurate in his thinking, and has taken his spiritual life to a new level.
When speaking to an audience about his experience in getting healthy, he brings excitement and hope. Dave is a Certified Nutritarian, a CPT, distinguished Toastmaster and a Certified Instructor with the Napoleon Hill Foundation.
To get in touch with Dave, join the online forum and to order his book visit http://www.the4pillarsofmenshealth.com
Recent episodes from Dave Skattum (see all)
- Your Story – Real Life Stories About Taking Steps Towards Good Health with Dr. David Fatemi – September 18, 2020
- Dave Skattum-The 4 Pillars of Men’s Health-Your Story-Real Life Stories About Taking Steps Towards Good Health with Randey Faulkner – September 12, 2020
- Dave Skattum-The 4 Pillars of Men’s Health-Your Story-Your Story-Real Life Stories About Taking Steps Towards Good Health with Sunny Faronbi – September 3, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with Pharma/Biotech/Medical Sales Coach & Podcast Host Michael Hayes - September 29, 2020
- Episode 78-Luke Shankula Talks about Successful Digital Marketing-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard - September 29, 2020
- Episode 77-Jonathan DeYoe on Mindfulness in Personal Finance-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard - September 29, 2020