Gratitude is the feeling or emotion you experience when you recognize and acknowledge the good in your life; it is the fastest path to love and joy regardless of your circumstances. The key is to train your brain to look for those moments that cause you to smile, feel a sense of accomplishment, and connectedness to others.
Practicing gratitude can bring you back to life by reducing stress, frustration, and negative thoughts.
During challenging times, give yourself CPR.
1. Compartmentalize. Put everything that isn’t working in one container in your brain.
2. Pause. Set your alarm to go off every few hours.
3. Reflect on the past few hours. Did anything make you laugh? Are you closer to your goal? Did you connect with a loved one? If you answered yes to any of these, jot down the experience. If you didn’t, perform CPR again in a few hours.
Michele Vismaya Rubin is on a mission to help people celebrate the deliciousness in life. Through a gratitude practice, she teaches people to savor their experiences while connecting to the lessons they are supposed to learn. She is an entrepreneur, educator, bestselling author, and world traveler. Her friends call her Vismaya, a name she was given in India which means surprise or wonder. For her, life is full of surprises. She believes that if we don’t accept the gifts life offers, they stop coming.
As a high school teacher in South Florida, Vismaya brought the practice of gratitude to her students and encouraged them to find things to be grateful for every day (it was actually part of their homework!) Student after student shared that since they started their lives are better than ever and their grades improved.
You can reach her at:
Recent episodes from Tamara “Tami” Patzer (see all)
- VISMAYA RUBIN: Gratitude Gangsta and Gratitude for the Day with Memories in a Mansion – June 28, 2019
- ADAM BRICKER: The Fitness Philosopher on Habits for Champions and Menories in a Mansion – June 27, 2019
- MARJORIE CLEMENTE: Cancer as a Blessing — Champion Book Project with Memories in a Mansion – June 26, 2019
Recent episodes from Tamara "Tami" Patzer (see all)
- KAREN BRYNES ALLEN: Talking Your Walk …More About Extraordinary Life Force Energy - June 28, 2019
- VISMAYA RUBIN: Gratitude Gangsta and Gratitude for the Daywith Memories in a Mansion - June 28, 2019
- ADAM BRICKER: The Fitness Philosopher on Habits for Champions and Menories in a Mansion - June 27, 2019