Lauren Carson is the Executive Director and Founder of Black Girls Smile, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting positive mental health education, resources and support for black girl’s mental health.
There has been a 182% increase in suicides with young black girls ….WE ARE NOT GOOD!
If you are a young black girl, a black women or black mother raising a daughter, today’s guest has some valuable insight to share.
- The rise of Suicide and Suicide attempts among Black Girls
- Why Black youth are two times more likely to die by suicide compared to their white counterparts
- What signs to look for in your daughter, friend or mother
- What depression and anxiety looks like in the black community different than in other communities?
- What black women struggle with different than black girls?
- The one main reason young black girls are attempting to take their lives?
CONNECT WITH LAUREN:
This interview series is sponsored by a new movement, called Black People Forward, whose mission is to help people process the pain and trauma many in the black community have experienced and help us gain #momentum to move forward in the areas of health and wealth. www.blackpeopleforward.com.
Recent episodes from Lisa Williams (see all)
- Lisa Bonta Sumii on Black Female Elite Athletes – The Pressure, the Public Eye & Pushing Through - October 14, 2021
- Lauren Carson on Black Girl’s Struggling with Suicide, School and Social Anxiety - October 13, 2021
- Latricia Clark Letsinger on Helping Women Love Themselves Through Fashion & Makeovers - October 12, 2021