For the past 30 years, Karen Kaufman Wilson has worked in the film business and mentored aspiring writers and directors. Recently, she has been a consulting producer for the Bishop T.D. Jakes’ film company and is CoProducer for two Lifetime Network movies, ENVY and LUST. Before working with TD Jakes, Karen served as VP, of Production for Bob Teitel and George Tillman’s State Pictures and helped to develop BARBERSHOP.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What to do to get the attention of a producer to review your script
- How Karen Kaufman Wilson helped Shonda Rhimes early in Shonda’s career
- How a script gets chosen and how you get paid
- What’s imperative in the first 10 pages of a script
Connect with Karen Kaufman Wilson here:
Catch Karen on Clubhouse:
Business Innovators Radio host Lisa C. Williams is an exposure-ist and Chief #Momentum Officer (CMO) of Smart Hustle Agency & Publishing. Lisa C. creates Corporate Social Responsibility campaigns that business owners, entrepreneurs and companies participate in that help elevate their brand while being part of the solution to make the world better for others.
Recent episodes from Lisa C. Williams (see all)
- Karen Kaufman Wilson Shares What Aspiring Writers & Directors Need to Know to Get in the TV and Film Business - April 21, 2021
- Somalia Brown: Spiritual PushHer Helps Women Unlock Their Greatness - April 9, 2021
- Melanie Benson Profit Amplifier Reveals the Million-Dollar Blind Spot Women Entrepreneurs Miss - January 2, 2020