Dr. Alauna is a Trauma Psychiatrist, Educator, and Empathy Expert with the mission to educate every person on how to break the cycle of psychological trauma.
Dr. Alauna is the founder and CEO of the Dr. Alauna Trauma Recovery Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to eradicating psychological trauma worldwide. Dr. Alauna is an expert in brain functioning and how the Amygdala controls our emotions.
In this interview, you will learn:
- What psychological trauma is and how it affects our brain and emotions
- How passed down beliefs are causing trauma in the black community
- That it’s not your fault, it’s your brain’s fault! Our brain is the culprit for many challenges and mental health issues we face
- How to answer the question….”You good?”
CONNECT WITH DR. ALAUNA:
This interview series is sponsored by a new movement, called Black People Forward, whose mission is to help people process the pain and trauma many in the black community have experienced and help us gain #momentum to move forward in the areas of health and wealth. www.blackpeopleforward.com
Recent episodes from Lisa Williams (see all)
- James Frank Austin III – Twiggs County School District Checking in with the Culture - February 28, 2023
- Lisa Bonta Sumii on Black Female Elite Athletes – The Pressure, the Public Eye & Pushing Through - October 14, 2021
- Lauren Carson on Black Girl’s Struggling with Suicide, School and Social Anxiety - October 13, 2021