The obesity epidemic is directly related to excessive sugar consumption.
A ketogenic diet, which is high in healthy fat and very low in sugar, especially for those who are insulin resistant, has been show to reverse cancer in many cases, and research shows a lot of promise in this area.
Products that assist with weight loss:
5-HTP 100mg – Stressful lifestyles and poor diets often cause a depletion of serotonin levels. 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) has been used for many years to replenish serotonin levels and support a healthy mood and sleep cycle regulation. Supplementation with 5-HTP has been shown to increase serotonin levels in the central nervous system. The essential amino acid, tryptophan is converted into 5-HTP by the enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase. Tryptophan hydroxylase can be inhibited by a number of factors including stress, insulin resistance, pyridoxine (vitamin B6) deficiency, and insufficient magnesium levels. Supplementation with 5-HTP bypasses the conversion of tryptophan to 5-HTP and thus supports optimal levels of serotonin.
Lab Suggested in Today’s Show:
The GWH – 3. Comprehensive Panel w Consult panel contains 13 tests with 101 biomarkers.
This panel includes Dr. Lewis’ consultation services and recommendations. Please complete the health survey at https://www.greenwisdomhealth.com/health-survey/
Recent episodes from Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis (see all)
- Detoxify Your Liver | The Green Wisdom Health Podcast with Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis – January 16, 2019
- Getting Real With Your Diet | The Green Wisdom Health Podcast with Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis – January 14, 2019
- Is it Adrenal Fatigue or the Holiday Blues? | The Green Wisdom Health Podcast with Dr. Stephen and Janet Lewis – December 20, 2018
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Henry Kaminski Jr. founder of Unique Designz- The Art of Authority Podcast with Mike Saunders – Ep 22 - January 21, 2019
- $64k in 9 days. Not Bad Ep 204 – Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski Jr - January 21, 2019
- Patrick McKenna Founder and CEO of Strike Social - January 18, 2019