Welcome to Episode 257 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Mark Slabaugh whose company, Slabaugh Coaching, specializes in coaching teams, particularly those in the nonprofit arena. Mark believes that, to accomplish what seems to be an insurmountable goal — such as a nonprofit that needs to raise $10 million — it takes a team, effective communication and a leader who can inspire that team to go forward.
A student of teams, Mark is mindful of how leaders communicate as well as the importance of building trust. Ask your team questions, he advises, and then take the time to listen to what team members have to say.
So if you want to know:
- About the importance for leaders to invest in relationships
- Why, for a leader, it’s not about being interesting as much as it is about being interested — in their team members and what they’re doing
- How leaders need to be people-focused rather than task-focused
- Why visionaries also need to look back and make sure everybody is coming with them
- How effective communications — in which you eliminate the noise and have a crystal clear vision — can help your team stay focused
About Mark Slabaugh
Mark Slabaugh is a Certified Pinnacle Business Guide and executive coach. His company, Slabaugh Coaching, helps entrepreneurs and their leadership teams grow faster than they ever thought possible. Mark came out of the ministry where, as a pastor, he found himself constantly recruiting to build teams of volunteers to take on different initiatives. That background prepared him to help others leverage their skills for their teams, building on the five business pinnacles: people, purpose, playbook, performance and profits. More information is available at his website, https://slabaughcoaching.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Paul Seglund with Pacific Coast Wealth Builders - December 8, 2023
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial -How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Mitigate Taxes in Retirement for their clients - December 3, 2023
- Interview with Tim Tacl Co-Founder / Sr. Loan Officer at DNVR Lending - November 30, 2023