What does it take to hire the right people, manage them effectively and keep good employees? In this podcast, Neil Mirchandani, founder and CEO of LLL Event Furnishings & Rentals, explores these critical topics. Neil’s company manages events and provides furnishings for film sets, music videos, sporting, corporate and other large events. He shares with us how he grew his company and what he does to hire and retain the best employees. Hint: It has to do with setting aside your ego and empowering the team around you … as well as “bonusing” employees in creative ways.
So if you want to know:
- The top three things to look for when hiring employees
- How hard work and patience eventually pay off
- About the importance of knowing when to pivot — before you’re forced into making a bad decision
- How, if you want to do something excellent, you have to do something different
- Why it’s important to take the next step — even if you don’t feel that you’re
About Neil Mirchandani
After Neil Mirchandani turned 30, he realized that he needed to do more than DJ at weddings. He wanted to use this experience to expand into a business where he wouldn’t be needed personally. Starting with two sofas, he began renting furniture and lighting to his clients and eventually grew his business, LLL Event Furnishings & Rentals, into the number one furnishing provider in the South for film sets, music videos, sporting, corporate and other events. Neil has worked with everyone from Sir Elton John to the NFL on parties after The Big Game. More information about his company is available at https://luxuryloungeatl.com.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with James Johnson President & Owner of All Mark Insurance Services – How Life Insurance Fits into Retirement - February 23, 2024
- Interview with James Johnson, President & Owner of All Mark Insurance Services – How Taxes Impact Retirement - February 22, 2024
- Interview with Kevin Guttman, Reverse Mortgage Specialist - February 21, 2024