Welcome to Episode 253 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast author and entrepreneur Chris Masiello shares with us his fascination with how humans — as a species — are adverse to change. Chris explains, “Change is how we got here,” and he believes that change is how we’ll get to where we’re supposed to be. He questions why change is so hard for us when it’s really the only constant we know. As we come out of Covid, so many people are concerned about the changes we’ve experienced and what happens next. Chris advises not to get trapped in our own thought process and to recognize the connection between change and curiosity and how, when change occurs, there’s almost always opportunity.
So if you want to know:
- How the human “fight or flight instinct” prevents you from recognizing that change is a time for curiosity and creativity
- Strategies you can deploy to navigate a time of change
- One approach a real estate company took when Covid hit
- The importance of being aware of what you’re thinking and ensuring your thoughts align with your desired outcome
- How the ability to drive at night shows that you can train your subconscious mind to deal with change
About Chris Masiello
Chris Masiello has built a successful, nearly 40-year career in real estate and financial services. His nationally recognized businesses account for more than $2 billion in annual sales. He is also a personal empowerment speaker and has received numerous industry recognitions including being named one of the most influential trend-setting leaders in the real estate and home services industry. He is the author of Change Short and Simple: Your Guide to Personal Transformation. More information about Chris, his book and his “Mindful Monday Series” is available at www.chrismasiello.com.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Mike Saunders, MBA
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Alec Hudnut, Managing Partner at Vici Partners - March 20, 2023
- Interview with Anton Anderson, CEO of Elite Resource Team - March 20, 2023
- Interview with Real Estate Experts Ronda Courtney & Lane Lyon - March 20, 2023