Welcome to Episode 93 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Sky Stephens, co-founder of the Association of Professional Builders, a business coaching company dedicated to improving the residential construction industry for both builders and consumers. The coaching that Sky’s organization provides doesn’t have anything to do with construction. Rather, she helps builders with the business side of their company. And the advice she shares with us is really applicable to businesses in any industry.
You’ll benefit from hearing Sky’s thoughts on topics like acquiring and converting leads, the difference between markup and margin, how to look at supply and demand, and the importance of systemization. She also points out that, with the right systems in place, a business can go on for many years after its founder is gone. And that’s an important part of building your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- Why lead generation is just the beginning of an effective sales process
- How successful marketing makes your prospects “problem-aware”
- About the D-A-D process: delete, automate, delegate
- Why “discounting” is a dirty word and how to avoid it
- The importance of selling on value
About Sky Stephens
Sky Stephens co-founded the Association of Professional Builders with her father, Russ Stephens. The organization started as a marketing agency to help builders use Facebook ads and other online platforms to generate leads. When Sky and Russ realized that not every builder was able to convert their leads, they expanded the organization to become a sales training company. Today the Association helps builders with marketing, sales, business operations, financials and even personal development. Their mission is to improve the residential construction industry for both builders and consumers. With the Association’s help, builders in Australia, New Zealand, the U.S., Canada and the U.K. have been able to double the size of their businesses through profitable growth. The key, these builders have learned, is systemization that delivers an improved client experience, more demand and ultimately the ability to increase their margins and scale their businesses into desirable assets that possess real value.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 93-Sky Stephens on Growing Your Business-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 17, 2020
- Episode 92-Oumar Dieng’s Five Tips to Be More Resilient-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 13, 2020
- Episode 91-Samantha Kozuch on How to Use Social Media Successfully-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 10, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020