Welcome to Episode 92 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast life and business coach Oumar Dieng talks about his area of expertise – resilience. A speaker, author and coach, Oumar has helped many business people look at their goals and how best to achieve them – especially when they face a significant change in their lives and need to be resilient to adapt to this change.
Oumar shares with us fascinating stories of his early life in Mauritania in West Africa where, as a teenager, he survived an attack on his home and spent time in a refugee camp until he was eventually able to leave his homeland. He credits his survival and ultimate success as a coach to staying positive and implementing what he now calls his “five core steps to resilience.” You’ll find our discussion provides practical information to help you in these uncertain times and as you build your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- How the smallest life lessons can help you face difficult challenges
- Why “anchor memories” can repel current negative thoughts
- About the power of “letting go”
- Why it’s important to realize you’re not alone
- Why you need to learn to be nimble
About Oumar Dieng
Oumar Dieng is a motivational speaker, author, and life purpose and business coach. He coaches people to reach their personal and business goals by using positive habits, resilience and motivational strategies. Oumar got into coaching, as he says, “by accident.” A co-worker noticed that, although Oumar had a lower level professional job, he was very visible in their company. After hearing this co-worker’s aspirations and goals, Oumar made some suggestions, which she put into action. In a short time, the co-worker got a promotion and was able to move her career forward – just by taking the advice Oumar had given her.
Today Oumar helps people achieve their goals and live the life they want by offering “bite-sized” actionable advice and guidance. More information is available at his website, www.OumarDieng.com or on his Facebook page, OumarDiengSpeaker.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 93-Sky Stephens on Growing Your Business-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 17, 2020
- Episode 92-Oumar Dieng’s Five Tips to Be More Resilient-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 13, 2020
- Episode 91-Samantha Kozuch on How to Use Social Media Successfully-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 10, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020