Welcome to Episode 89 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, executive leadership coach and consultant Pasquale Mazzuca talks about leadership, the importance of human capital, and the need to prepare our leaders differently. Pasquale believes that the leadership paradigm needs to shift because “people are unhappy with the world that we’ve created.” He echoes the philosophy of a CEO who described himself as the “CTO” – or chief trouble officer. Pasquale sees himself as a CTO, too, because he often causes trouble by representing a different way of thinking and a different mindset.
Our discussion with Pasquale on how we need to be more effective interacting with others is particularly relevant as more employees work remotely because of the continuing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you’re managing employees working from home or in a hybrid setting, this podcast has valuable information to help your team become more engaged and more productive and to help you build your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- The three most important things managers can do to put a new kind of leadership in place
- Why influencing without authority is such an important executive skill
- How COVID-19 has accelerated workplace change
- What the most successful leadership teams have in common
- How the work of consultants is starting to shift
About Pasquale Mazzuca
With more than 30 years of professional experience, Pasquale Mazzuca has developed a distinguished career as an executive leadership coach and consultant. The CEO of TalentWorks Group (talentworksgroup.com), he has also been a partner with Heidrick and Struggles in their leadership consulting practice. Before that, he co-founded and grew Hamilton Davenport partners, a leadership consulting boutique. He worked as the human resource director of a major European telecommunications company where he helped the executive committee build leadership capabilities among the top 200 executives and implement major change initiatives.
Pasquale has consulted with companies all over the world in the areas of leadership development, talent acquisition, employer branding, retention strategies, performance management, executive coaching, organizational change, and workforce mobility. He is an associate professor at the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School, holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wales, UK, and has completed various post-graduate programs in human resources and organizational design.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 93-Sky Stephens on Growing Your Business-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 17, 2020
- Episode 92-Oumar Dieng’s Five Tips to Be More Resilient-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 13, 2020
- Episode 91-Samantha Kozuch on How to Use Social Media Successfully-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 10, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020