Welcome to Episode 88 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, men’s coach Joe Bernstein talks about how the organization he founded – Drop the Armor Wellness – helps men whose lives aren’t quite working out the way they want. His clients include men who are at a point in their career where they need to make a big decision: Do they leave a relationship? Do they change careers? Do they sell their company? Joe believes these men are stuck in a place where they’re trying to talk their way into a better life. They’re ready to take action, but they need someone to help them take that next step. In our discussion, Joe talks about the approach he uses with men at various stages of their careers: men who are focused on being great leaders, building a successful business, or building their legacy. He cautions against getting “stuck in your head” and believes the key to living a truly great life is to align your head, your heart, and your guts.
So if you want to know:
- The first step in getting “unstuck” from a career or lifestyle that no longer seems to fit
- Why “cookie-cutter” and “fast change” approaches won’t work
- Why emotional intelligence isn’t the most important thing
- How you need to move from “owning it” to expressing it – without harming others or hurting your reputation
About Joe Bernstein
Joe Bernstein founded Drop the Armor Wellness in 2013 after he learned to grab the reins of his own life, coping with a divorce and losing 160 pounds without diets. He left a successful career in retail management to help other men feel the love and freedom he learned to cultivate when he took responsibility for his life and decided to change and grow.
Today, as a writer and coach, Joe helps men let go of overthinking and live a better life, rooted in a clear head, an open heart, and solid guts. His clients are often successful business owners, tech executives, top leaders, and individual performers, entrepreneurs, and others who want a “lit-up life.” Joe also leads transformational men’s initiatives in The Mankind Project and volunteers with the Showing Up for Racial Justice Washington, DC Chapter on its Healing Team. More information is available at joebernsteincoaching.com.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 93-Sky Stephens on Growing Your Business-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 17, 2020
- Episode 92-Oumar Dieng’s Five Tips to Be More Resilient-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 13, 2020
- Episode 91-Samantha Kozuch on How to Use Social Media Successfully-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 10, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020