Welcome to Episode 86 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, we talk with life coach Gretta Scholten who works primarily with female entrepreneurs, helping them manage their time more effectively and reach their career and life goals. Time management is such a universal challenge – especially if you’ve left an organization where you were able to delegate many tasks and are now in a start-up business, developing a foundation or taking other steps to build your legacy.
Gretta believes that effective time management is really mind management. She takes us through the “foundational four” time-management steps that she tailors to each client’s specific needs. Her advice is valuable for all of us especially now if you’re working from home, taking care of children attending school remotely or managing a schedule that often goes beyond the normal nine-to-five office workday. Gretta wants you to think 20 years into the future and ask yourself, “What will I wish I would have done in this moment?” That’s critical as you continue to build your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- How to break down challenging projects into easy, bite-size pieces – and the value of doing so
- Why paper “to do” lists aren’t the answer
- What you should do every Friday
- Tips to deal with email and get control of your smartphone
- Why it’s okay to think about the worst case scenario
About Gretta Scholten
Time management and life coach Gretta Scholten believes that time management has always been in her DNA. For nine years she worked as an occupational therapist, setting goals for her clients and helping them achieve those goals. When she became a certified life coach, she used this same talent to help people learn to manage their time well, to take a step back to look at their end goals and to determine what they needed to learn and do to achieve those goals.
Gretta is a certified life and weight loss coach through The Life Coach School and has a Master of Science degree in occupational therapy. Her coaching approach involves being honest about where you want to go and being focused on each step of the journey so that you can do so much more in so much less time. Her website is GrettaCoaches.com, and she’s on Instagram at Gretta_Scholten.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 93-Sky Stephens on Growing Your Business-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 17, 2020
- Episode 92-Oumar Dieng’s Five Tips to Be More Resilient-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 13, 2020
- Episode 91-Samantha Kozuch on How to Use Social Media Successfully-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – November 10, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 73-Quit Your Career and Start a Movement & Never Burn out Again with Dr. Stacy Cohen and Hanna Hermanson - November 21, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 39- The Viewpoint-Blaise Hunter chats with Madeleine Perez on the importance of asking meaningful questions - November 21, 2020
- Episode 379-How To Work More Effectively with Your Design Team-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - November 20, 2020