Welcome to Episode 77 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, accomplished financial advisor Jonathan DeYoe talks about mindful financial investing, responsibility, and priority setting – topics that are so important today as the continuing COVID-19 pandemic has created financial stress for so many of us.
In working with clients, Jonathan concentrates on being goal-focused and understanding what’s important to each client. This ensures that working together, Jonathan and his client will build a portfolio that works – regardless of what you hear in the media, what your brain may tell you, or even what your parents say is important. As one client told him, “Jonathan, I finally get it. You don’t manage investments. You manage people.” Jonathan also shares with us his thoughts on the two kinds of legacy – your legacy of values as well as your financial legacy that can last for multiple generations.
So if you want to know:
- The importance of our physiological, psychological, and cultural response to money
- Why sometimes the best thing you can do with your investments is nothing
- What mindfulness is and how, in personal finance, it provides a doorway to reason
- How your values should serve as a foundation for your financial life
- Why it’s never too late to begin planning your financial legacy
About Jonathan DeYoe
With more than 24 years’ experience as a financial advisor, Jonathan DeYoe managed investments at a number of Wall Street companies before founding his own financial planning firm. Today he and his team at Mindful Money teach simple steps to financial success and ways to overcome emotional and cognitive biases related to money. A contributor to personal finance matters for the Huffington Post, Business Insider, NerdWallet, and MindBodyGreen, he has been featured in the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. His best-selling book, Mindful Money: Simple Practices for Reaching Your Financial Goals and Increasing Your Happiness Dividend, illustrates how he believes a financial advisor can provide the most value. Jonathan asks each of his clients, “What’s important to you?” and then uses this information to help his clients understand how their values create a foundation for their financial lives. It’s Jonathan’s ultimate goal to help his clients live happier, more fulfilling lives, and build the legacy they want to leave.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 83-More with Nikki Bradley on Collaboration-Overcoming the Pitfalls-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – October 20, 2020
- Episode 82-Nikki Bradley Talks about Collaboration-Why and How?-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 81-Tom Connally on Why Leadership is an Apprenticed Vocation-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – October 16, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Blaise the Trail Ep 35-The Butcher Shop Girl-Blaise Hunter chats w/author Carmen Kissel-Verrier about the debut of this blockbuster memoir - October 21, 2020
- Episode #7-The Forensic Financialist Podcast with Jeff Newkirk-“Core Values”-part 3 - October 20, 2020
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco – Interview with LinkedIn Trainer Kenneth Lang - October 20, 2020