Welcome to Episode 66 of Building My Legacy.
This podcast is the second in a two-part series with digital marketer and brand developer Celina Souffrant. We’re continuing our discussion of sustainability, including the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Created in 2015, these 17 goals lay out a 15-year plan to eliminate hunger and poverty, promote gender equality and quality education, and identify other significant objectives that will help us achieve a better future.
Celina discusses the implications the UN Sustainable Goals have for businesses and the importance of incorporating sustainability into your business’s mission and objectives so that you can drive meaningful change. She stresses the importance of identifying sustainable goals that offer incremental value to your company by determining what your consumers and stakeholders will believe in and, just as importantly, what you can deliver.
So if you want to know:
- How to start thinking about sustainable consumption over the entire lifecycle of your product
- Why successful marketing balances both the emotional and functional product benefits
- How to determine what metrics align with your brand personality
- Why a good strategy starts with market research
- How businesses that market a service can also have sustainability goals
About Celina Souffrant
Currently working as a consultant in product marketing for Facebook, Celina Souffrant started her career as a performer. When health problems derailed her plans to become an opera singer, she answered a start-up’s Craigslist ad for a model and discovered she was a natural salesperson. She progressed quickly at this aggressively growing company, working in sales and marketing management and building a team that eventually generated revenue in the multimillions. She then became a freelance consultant for nonprofits, a position that took her all over the world. After earning her MBA, Celina transitioned into corporate technology consulting, working with Google and now with Facebook.
Celina has also done a great deal of work in the area of sustainability, helping start-ups include these efforts right from the beginning and working with established businesses to determine what sustainability efforts are most appropriate for their brand.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 76-Peter Montoya on Creating Effective Marketing and Transformational Leaders-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 22, 2020
- Episode 75-Michele Molitor on How Rapidly Transforming Your Feelings Can Lead to Success-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 74 Dr. Turner Osler Provides New Insight into the COVID-19 Pandemic-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 17, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Ep. #16 – Isaiah Pace – MBB Coach & Diversity Leader on true diversity & inclusion in sports with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. - September 25, 2020
- Episode 66-Systematize your Service Based Business to Scale (or just chill more) with Remote Rockstars and Hanna Hermanson - September 25, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 32-The Money Magnet-Blaise Hunter interviews Abundance Warrior Rosalyn Fung - September 25, 2020