Welcome to Episode 58 of Building My Legacy.
In the final podcast of our 10-part series on resilience, the topic is becoming resilient in the face of grief. Our guest for this entire series is Kate Fitzsimons who experienced grief at an early age when she lost her sister in a motor vehicle accident. Her story of resilience is an example of how to overcome life’s obstacles and move forward in a positive way. She has also coached many people through grief to bring them out of victimhood and back to a place of power.
Once again, Kate uses her 3Rs of resilience – recognize, reflect and redirect – to work through the feelings of shame and resentment that tend to pile on top of grief. The discussion will be valuable for anyone currently grieving the loss of a loved one as well as someone dealing with an employee or co-worker who is facing grief.
So if you want to know:
- Why we grieve – and it’s not because we lost someone
- How to deal positively with your own feelings of grief
- What to do – and not to do – when a colleague is grieving
- The importance of “holding space for your grief”
About Kate Fitzsimons
Named one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence in 2016, Kate Fitzsimons is an international speaker, certified life coach & director of the Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation – a charity established in honor of her sister Nicole who died in an accident in Thailand in 2012.
Determined to save others from a similar tragic fate, Kate left her corporate career in 2013 to dedicate herself to educating young people about the importance of travel safety. Through her eye-opening presentation at high schools, Kate drives home to students the devastating consequences of risk-taking overseas – a message so powerful that she is now supported by the Australian government and major corporations.
Inspired to help others thrive through adversity, Kate’s presentations to students around the world and her popular podcast show, ”Okay. Now What?” help high school and college students develop “response-ability” – the ability to choose their response to any situation based on their perspective of it. Kate’s passion is to provide inspiration and practical advice to help you overcome even the most traumatic experiences. She knows if she can do it, anyone can.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. We hope you were able to join us for all or many episodes in this 10-part series on resilience, and we hope you found it valuable. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 67- Geoff Cook Shares His Entrepreneurial Journey-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – August 4, 2020
- Episode 66-Celina Souffrant Looks at the UN-Sustainable Development Goals and their Implications for Your Business-with Lois Sonstegard – July 30, 2020
- Episode 65-Celina Souffrant on How Sustainability Can Boost Your Brand-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Blaise the Trail Ep 25 – Creative Collaboration – Blaise Hunter interviews Lindsay Hadley - August 6, 2020
- Ep. #9 – Malcolm Lemmons – Former Pro B-Ball Player on creating a legacy with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. - August 4, 2020
- Episode 67- Geoff Cook Shares His Entrepreneurial Journey-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard - August 4, 2020