Welcome to Episode 54 of Building My Legacy.
Ian Reynolds is a partner and the chief solutions architect at Zibtek, a software development consultancy that focuses on helping businesses build custom software. In this podcast, he talks about the opportunities offered by custom-designed software. Ian has seen the value of companies focusing on their core business objectives and, when they need a particular expertise, going outside to get it. In the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses will need to be agile and flexible, so they can’t try to do everything. That’s why, Ian explains, it makes sense to look at the cost of doing it yourself vs. hiring a company to build the software system you need to solve your current business problems and ultimately build your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- How the internet is still reshaping the way people do business
- The advantages – internally and externally – of automating what you can
- The importance of working with a long-term partner for your software needs
- Why the specialties within IT call for a team of experts
- How to handle massive datasets and determine what’s relevant for a specific decision
About Ian Reynolds
A partner and the chief solutions architect at Zibtek, Ian Reynolds and his company help Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and firms of all sizes create strategic software that drives revenue, reduces costs and transforms their businesses and market performance. Ian has spent the better part of his career in consulting, working with industries as diverse as finance, oil, gas, retail, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and more. Today his company empowers entrepreneurs, growth companies and large enterprises to achieve greater profitability and efficiency by building and providing them with the right tools. With the accelerated pace of technology development today, Ian believes that businesses that do not intend to innovate will find themselves behind the competition in the next three to five years. That’s why Zibtek now puts 10 percent of its revenue toward an R&D budget to ensure they keep pace with the new technologies that will create new jobs and new opportunities.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 58 Kate Fitzsimons #10 –Being Resilient in the Face of Grief -Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – July 2, 2020
- Episode 57 Kate Fitzsimons #9 – How to be resilient when working with a toxic or complaining employee-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – June 26, 2020
- Episode 56 Kate Fitzsimons -How can you celebrate someone’s success and not feel you lost-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Ep. #6 – Renee Montgomery – WNBA Player and business owner discusses educating Pro-Athletes with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. - July 7, 2020
- Kim Svoboda CEO of Aspiration Catalyst® - July 7, 2020
- Episode 343-How To Grow Your Social Media Following-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - July 7, 2020