Welcome to Episode 53 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast – the seventh of our 10-part series on resilience – we’ll talk with Kate Fitzsimons about reducing anxiety. That’s more important than ever before as we deal with COVID-19, getting to our new normal and trying to anticipate what will happen next.
Kate, a resilience coach, is also a highly sought after speaker for schools and organizations that influence and work with young people. In this podcast, she shows us how her 3Rs of resilience – recognize, reflect and redirect – can help you understand why you feel what you feel so that you can deal effectively with your emotions. She also reminds us that our own thoughts create our feelings, which drive our actions, which create our results – an important thing to keep in mind when we feel anxious about the pandemic or any challenge.
So if you want to know:
- Why you shouldn’t resist negative emotions
- How to separate your negative feelings from who you are as a person
- The five-step process that will help you deal effectively with negative feelings
- How the “50/50 rule” can help you better understand life’s reality
- How to learn to process your emotions
About Kate Fitzsimons
Named one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence in 2016, Kate Fitzsimons is an international speaker, certified life coach & director of the Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation – a charity established in honor of her sister Nicole who died in an accident in Thailand in 2012.
Determined to save others from a similar tragic fate, Kate left her corporate career in 2013 to dedicate herself to educating young people about the importance of travel safety. Through her eye-opening presentation at high schools, Kate drives home to students the devastating consequences of risk-taking overseas – a message so powerful that she is now supported by the Australian government and major corporations.
Inspired to help others thrive through adversity, Kate’s presentations to students around the world and her popular podcast show, ”Okay. Now What?” help high school and college students develop “response-ability” – the ability to choose their response to any situation based on their perspective of it. Kate’s passion is to provide inspiration and practical advice to help you overcome even the most traumatic experiences. She knows if she can do it, anyone can.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. We hope you can join us for the rest of our 10-part series. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 76-Peter Montoya on Creating Effective Marketing and Transformational Leaders-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 22, 2020
- Episode 75-Michele Molitor on How Rapidly Transforming Your Feelings Can Lead to Success-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 74 Dr. Turner Osler Provides New Insight into the COVID-19 Pandemic-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 17, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Ep. #16 – Isaiah Pace – MBB Coach & Diversity Leader on true diversity & inclusion in sports with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. - September 25, 2020
- Episode 66-Systematize your Service Based Business to Scale (or just chill more) with Remote Rockstars and Hanna Hermanson - September 25, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 32-The Money Magnet-Blaise Hunter interviews Abundance Warrior Rosalyn Fung - September 25, 2020