Welcome to Episode 47 of Building My Legacy.
The second of our 10-part series on resilience, this podcast looks at the importance of reflection and redirection – the final two “Three Rs” we’re exploring with Kate Fitzsimons. Kate is a highly sought after speaker for schools and organizations that influence and work with young people. Her own story of resilience following her sister’s tragic death in a motor vehicle accident is an example of how to overcome life’s obstacles and move forward in a positive way. In the initial podcast in this series, Kate introduced us to the first of the “three Rs” – to recognize. In this podcast we look at how to reflect and redirect your thinking when faced with challenges and uncertainties in the corporate world and in your personal life.
So if you want to know:
- How your thoughts – even when they’re not true – can actually make bad situations worse
- How turning negative thoughts into empowering questions can help you find the value in every experience
- Why it’s okay to tell your brain to “take a guess”
- Three powerful questions to ask yourself when faced with a difficult situation
- How you build your legacy day-by-day through your interactions with others
Tune in now!
About Kate Fitzsimons
Named one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence in 2016, Kate Fitzsimons is an international speaker, certified life coach & director of the Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation – a charity established in honor of her sister Nicole who died in an accident in Thailand in 2012.
Determined to save others from a similar tragic fate, Kate left her corporate career in 2013 to dedicate herself to educating young people about the importance of travel safety. Through her eye-opening presentation at high schools, Kate drives home to students the devastating consequences of risk-taking overseas – a message so powerful that she is now supported by the Australian government and major corporations.
Inspired to help others thrive through adversity, Kate’s presentations to students around the world and her popular podcast show, ”Okay. Now What?” help high school and college students develop “response-ability” – the ability to choose their response to any situation based on their perspective of it. Kate’s passion is to provide inspiration and practical advice to help you overcome even the most traumatic experiences. She knows if she can do it, anyone can.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. We hope you can join us for the rest of our 10-part series. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 58 Kate Fitzsimons #10 –Being Resilient in the Face of Grief -Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – July 2, 2020
- Episode 57 Kate Fitzsimons #9 – How to be resilient when working with a toxic or complaining employee-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – June 26, 2020
- Episode 56 Kate Fitzsimons -How can you celebrate someone’s success and not feel you lost-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 5. Porche Grant – Athlete Transitioning, Trusting Yourself, Your Skill and the process with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes - July 4, 2020
- Blaise The Trail Ep 21 – Blaise Hunter Exclaims – “I was Robbed!” - July 3, 2020
- Episode 58 Kate Fitzsimons #10 –Being Resilient in the Face of Grief -Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard - July 2, 2020