Welcome to Episode 44 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast, business coach and author Sallie Holder shares with us how she moved from the “rock middle” as a successful employment attorney to her true passion: an entrepreneur who coaches others how to make the bold career choices that lead to lasting success and happiness. Sallie believes it’s never too late to create the change that can help you become the person you want to be. Today, as we look beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, her advice is more valuable than ever. It’s also essential for anyone looking to build your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- About the “rock middle” where you’re caught between your employer’s expectations, what you expect of yourself and a true sense of purpose and meaning
- Why you can’t apply the same framework you learned in the corporate world to the entrepreneurial world
- Why you shouldn’t waste energy allowing the pandemic to change your destination
- How “Sunday night planning” can help you focus on things that can move the needle on your revenue stream
About Sallie Holder
As a nationally-recognized public speaker and business coach, Sallie Holder has spent more than fifteen years helping businesses, entrepreneurs and employees identify and break down barriers to success. She is the author of Hitting Rock Middle: The Roadmap from Empty Success to True Fulfillment. The idea behind her book led to the development of BRIMM – her Beyond Rock Middle Movement coaching community for women – which provides a unique group coaching environment for women entrepreneurs to help them reach the next level of success.
With a degree in Human and Organizational Development from Vanderbilt University and a law degree, Sallie practiced labor and employment law for more than 10 years, advising small companies as well as giants like FedEx and Michelin. Passionate about the growth of businesses, Sallie became an entrepreneur and started her own coaching business, helping others make the bold choices that lead to lasting success and happiness.
Her work – whether one-on-one, in group workshops or at speaking events – helps people bridge the gap between where they are now and their true potential. Sallie fundamentally believes that work doesn’t have to be hard, and everyone deserves to love what they do.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 74 Dr. Turner Osler Provides New Insight into the COVID-19 Pandemic-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 17, 2020
- Episode 73- How Wholesale Real Estate is Helping Cody Hofhine Build His Legacy-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 8, 2020
- Episode 72- Dr. Turner Osler’s Legacy of Changing How the World Sits-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – September 1, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Ep. #15-Cristin Dent-Fmr. Cheerleader & Founder of Dear Athletes, Inc on athlete hunger & NIL with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes - September 19, 2020
- Your Story – Real Life Stories About Taking Steps Towards Good Health with Dr. David Fatemi - September 18, 2020
- Episode 65-Build Business Resilience,Navigate Hard Times, Shadow Work and Entrepreneurship with Tris Thorp and Hanna Hermanson - September 18, 2020