Welcome to Episode 35 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast Brian Weaver – the CEO of Torch AI, an artificial intelligence company – shares with us his thoughts on the future of AI and its challenges. He also talks about what he, as a creative person, considers when networking and building a team. Brian’s thoughts are particularly timely today in light of the business challenges we all face as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Although Brian admits he hasn’t thought much about building his legacy, in our discussion, he took time to look at the journey of his career, how he has built his network and how all of us should think about our lives differently as we build our legacy.
So if you want to know:
- The importance of being self-aware and recognizing the unique talents of those around you
- What your decision-making process says about you
- Why companies need to make technology decisions at the department level – rather than from the top down
- Why today’s business challenges – as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic – are likely to lead to a period of great innovation
About Brian Weaver
The CEO of Torch AI, an artificial intelligence company, Brian has more than 20 years’ experience leading mission-driven, high-growth technology companies. Today his company helps leading organizations leverage artificial intelligence via proprietary enterprise data management software.
Brian has launched and acquired several companies, all focused on technology-enabled services and data connectivity. His companies’ nearly 1,300 clients include the U.S. Defense Department and H&R Block. He received the Defense Innovation Award at DITAC in 2017 and has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine and as the Small Business of the Year by the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now.
Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 47 Kate Fitzsimons Continues with her 3Rs – to Reflect and Redirect-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 46 Rylee Meek Talks about Dinner Seminar Marketing-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
- Episode 45 Introducing Our 10-Part Series With Kate Fitzsimons on Resilience-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 334-Where are your ideal customers hiding?-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - June 2, 2020
- Episode #1 Sivonnia DeBarros – Sports & Entertainment, and Business Lawyer – Talks About Her Journey on “What Are You Sporting About?” - June 1, 2020
- Interview With David Jenyns Founder of systemHUB™ & SYSTEMology® - June 1, 2020