Welcome to Episode 26 of Building My Legacy.
In the first of our series of five podcasts with Karen Whitaker, Vice President at Grin + Beam, Lois Sonstegard asks her about mindset shifts and how they’re necessary to deal with transition. Karen, who has 25 years of experience in sales for a variety of industries, generously shares the lessons she has learned. Whether you’re changing jobs or facing a major change within your organization, these lessons are invaluable.
They’re also universal. So our discussion will be helpful to those of you who are early in your career and just beginning to develop your leadership skills as well as those nearing the end of your career who are looking to build your legacy.
So if you want to know:
- What a mindshift entails and how to begin assessing what needs to be done
- How to decide what you will leave behind and what you will take forward on the next part of your career journey
- Why relationship building is critical in any kind of transition
About Karen Whitaker
As Vice President of Business Development for Grin + Beam, Karen is responsible for leading business and relationship strategies enterprise-wide for this company that offers an innovative approach to oral health.
During her 15-year career in clinical care, Karen has proven to be a true “connector” in the healthcare community. She has worked with public and privately owned companies, start-up ventures and merging entities to help these organizations develop a competitive advantage through strategic positioning, planning and patient education practices.
From corporate settings to the operating room, Karen has had hands-on experience in sales, marketing and clinical education. Her gift for forging relationships is a result of her professional values: accountability, compassion, honesty and reliability. She is a champion for women in the workplace, and her reputation for fairness and equality has never wavered.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching: https://build2morrow.com/
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now.
Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 31-Conversation with Corey Jahnke- If you want to create a legacy, start with the end in mind. -Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – March 20, 2020
- Episode 30-Karen Whitaker Interview: Thoughts on the Leaders of the Future -Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – March 17, 2020
- Episode 29-Karen Whitaker Interviewed on How to Create an Environment that Promotes Innovation -Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – March 13, 2020
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 6- It’s Your Fate Podcast with Lefford Fate-Success Principle #5–Pleasing Personality-with Napoleon Hill Certified Leader Happy Bains - April 7, 2020
- Episode 319-How To Create Digital Experiences To Engage Customers With Brian Fanzo-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - April 7, 2020
- Jay Hodge Founder and President of Jay Hodge & Associates-Lean Management Consulting Firm - April 6, 2020