Welcome to Episode 237 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Vince Shorb, a thought leader in teaching and scaling financial education programming. Vince shares with us how he developed a passion and interest in money from a young age and was always frustrated that high schools didn’t teach students financial literacy — something that benefits all students. If you’ve ever wondered how to begin educating your own children about money management — or you need help yourself to reach financial wellness — you’ll find our discussion especially valuable.
So if you want to know:
- What financial literacy really means
- When children begin to develop habits about their finances and what influences them most
- How parents can take advantage of financial “teachable moments”
- The biggest challenges most people face with regard to personal finance
- The role behavior and sentiment play in money management
About Vince Shorb
Vince Shorb is one of the country’s leading advocates for promoting financial wellness. After spending 15 years in financial services, he founded the National Financial Educators Council (NFEC), an organization dedicated to combating the financial illiteracy epidemic. As CEO, Vince has led the NFEC in the development of 2,500 financial education programs and more than 80 financial literacy assets and standards that guide the industry. His focus is on mobilizing and developing community champions and empowering them with the resources, knowledge and processes to help their communities’ citizens work toward financial self-sufficiency and security. More information is available at www.FinancialEducatorsCouncil.org
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Mike Saunders, MBA
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Michael McKenzie, Mortgage Broker with Big League Approved Powered By Edge Home Finance - March 28, 2023
- Ep. #13 – Sharon Lechter – The Big Success Podcast with Brad Sugars - March 24, 2023
- Interview with Charles Carillo, Managing Partner of Harborside Partners and host of the Global Investors Podcast - March 24, 2023