Welcome to Episode 232 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with author and executive coach Scott Shute about bringing mindfulness and compassion to the workplace. Mindfulness, Scott explains, is another way of saying we need to develop ourselves and our self-awareness. Similarly, employers need compassion because we don’t work or live in isolation. Scott quotes research showing companies that recognize their employees are their most valuable resource — and change the workplace from the inside out — can be 14 times more profitable than those that don’t.
So if you want to know:
- How it’s possible to mainstream mindfulness and operationalize compassion
- Why, when we take care of everybody — employees, customers and shareholders — all of us benefit
- That compassion isn’t soft but actually takes courage
- Why you can’t wait for your organization to bring mindfulness and compassion to you — you need to bring it to your organization
- How to replace the “dirty escalation” with the “clean resolution”
About Scott Shute
After 25 years of customer-oriented leadership and three years of leading mindfulness and compassion programs at LinkedIn, Scott Shute now helps other leaders and companies transform so they become more compassionate and effective. A keynote speaker, author, executive coach and teacher, Scott combines the practicalities of leading in the modern business world with the wisdom of ancient traditions to help individuals and companies be leaders in “conscious business.” He is the author of The Full Body YES, a 2022 Nautilus Award winning book that explores how to change your work and your world from the inside out. More information about Scott and his workshops, coaching and consulting services is available at his website, scottshute.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Paul Seglund with Pacific Coast Wealth Builders - December 8, 2023
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial -How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Mitigate Taxes in Retirement for their clients - December 3, 2023
- Interview with Tim Tacl Co-Founder / Sr. Loan Officer at DNVR Lending - November 30, 2023