Welcome to Episode 23 of Building My Legacy!
In this episode, Rhett Power shares his story — going from Peace Corps volunteer to business advisor … and taking a start-up business, Wild Creations, from inception to being awarded the fastest growing company in South Carolina by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Today, Rhett also writes for magazines such as Forbes and Inc.Magazine. His books, One Million Frogs and The Entrepreneur’s Book of Actions, provide great insights for entrepreneurs and business leaders. His humility and wisdom amidst his incredible accomplishments make him irresistible as a thought leader. Rhett challenges us to live our lives in a way that impacts the lives of those we meet. Rhett believes that legacy is built when we do what we love doing.
So, if you want to know:
- How Rhett began his career and then built upon those beginnings
- What shaped Rhett’s life
- How he built a start-up company into one of the fastest growing companies in South Carolina
- Advice Rhett has for business leaders
… Rhett provides incredible insight.
In this Podcast we will discuss:
- The motivation underlying Rhett Power’s leadership coaching and business advising
- Why Rhett challenges entrepreneurs and business leaders to simply ask for help when it is needed because it can transform you and your situation
- The legacy Rhett plans to leave
- Some of the lessons Rhett has learned as a business adviser and coach
About Rhett Power
Rhett co-founded the toy company, Wild Creations, in 2007. In addition to being recognized as the 2010 Fastest Growing Business in South Carolina, Wild Creations was awarded a Blue Ribbon Top 75 U.S. Company by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and one of Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing U.S. Companies. He and his team have won more than 40 national awards for their innovative toys. He was a finalist for Ernst and Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2011 and was nominated again in 2012. He now has a rapidly growing consulting practice in Washington DC and was recently named one of the world’s top 100 business bloggers and, in 2018, the Best Small Business Coach in the United States. Before founding Wild Creations, Rhett worked as an economic and small business development consultant for the United States Agency for International Development and as Director of National Service Programs for Habitat for Humanity.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching: https://build2morrow.com/
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends! Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates. And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get. Please leave a review right now.
Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 24: Jamie Rea, relationship specialist, talks about the importance of relationships in building a legacy. – December 13, 2019
- Episode 23 Rhett Power: “Key to Business Success and Building a Leadership Legacy” with Lois Sonstegard – November 26, 2019
- Episode 22 Nicole Heimann: “Finding Purpose and Passion in Life and Work to Build Your Legacy” with Lois Sonstegard, Building My Legacy – November 24, 2019
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Chuck Bamford, Ph.D. Managing Partner at Bamford Associates Discusses Strategy Mindset - December 14, 2019
- Resume Storyteller with Virginia Franco-How Far Back Can I Go When Writing My Resume & LinkedIn Profile - December 13, 2019
- Episode 24: Jamie Rea, relationship specialist, talks aboutthe importance of relationships in building a legacy. - December 13, 2019