Welcome to Episode 222 of Building My Legacy.
Today’s labor shortage is causing more employers to consider hiring international workers. If you’ve ever wondered what’s involved for you, as an employer — or if you’re an American worker considering taking a job in Canada — this podcast will be of particular interest to you. We talk with Hart Kaminker who specializes in Canadian immigration law. Hart helps skilled professional workers come to Canada, helps Canadian companies hire foreign workers and works with individuals who want to get permanent residence in Canada. Although Hart’s expertise is Canadian immigration law, he raises general issues that are most likely to affect American employers, too, if they want to hire international workers. He also answers many questions Americans and others may have about moving to Canada for a job or to live there permanently.
So if you want to know:
- Major things companies need to think through before hiring international workers
- Issues that can keep somebody out of Canada
- What happens if you hire an international worker who just doesn’t work out
- Hart’s number one piece of advice for companies thinking about hiring international workers and for workers thinking about taking a job in Canada
About Hart Kaminker
Hart Kaminker founded Kaminker & Associates in 2004, building it into a full-service boutique immigration law firm that helps individuals and businesses with relocation to Canada. He helps biotech, tech and health care companies and institutions that need to bring skilled workers from outside the country to work at their companies. Hart has nearly three decades of experience in immigration and citizenship law, earning him a reputation of a compassionate and highly skilled immigration lawyer. He often speaks at events for the Canadian Bar Association and other community organizations in the Greater Toronto area.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode #14-Janet on First Dates or Friend Zone-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - November 27, 2022
- Episode 244- Steven Adjei on the Struggles of Entrepreneurship and the Importance of Leaving a Legacy-with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - November 27, 2022
- Ep #21- Interview with Dr. Adam Rushford Owner of Hands on Health Chiropractic – w/Nick Bour Founder of Inspire Wealth - November 27, 2022