Welcome to Episode 218 of Building My Legacy.
When new CEO Michael Amkreutz developed a five-year plan to build synergies among Adorama’s five distinct brands, he had no idea that the COVID-19 pandemic would force his team to accelerate the plan to deliver much of the new strategy in his first year with the company. In this podcast Michael shares with us how he took advantage of opportunities, managed the Adorama businesses that were almost completely shut down and adopted a unique human resources strategy that helped the company retain the right people in spite of the country-wide “great resignation.”
So if you want to know:
- How defining the customer experience can help meet customers’ needs in a more holistic fashion and ultimately increase revenue
- One company’s multi-pronged strategy to motivate and retain employees
- The importance of transparency with employees and customers
- How synergies within a multi-brand holding company can not only reduce costs but also improve the customer experience
- Why you need to listen to your customers and your employees
About Michael Amkreutz
Michael Amkreutz is the CEO of Adorama, a holding company that does business under five distinct brands — offering electronics, sporting goods, photography equipment rentals and digital printing. Early in his career with a start-up e-commerce company, Michael became fascinated with the customer experience: knowing your customer, understanding what they’re looking for and removing the pain points in their journey to get what they want. With nearly 30 years’ experience in helping legacy businesses transform to adapt to the world of e-commerce, Michael understands the importance of delighting customers in today’s digital world. Email email@example.com, and we’ll help you get in touch with Michael.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 251-Deven Patel and Dr. Anand Srivastava on Bringing Advanced Scientific Knowledge to Market with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - January 27, 2023
- Ep. #6 – Mehmet Niyazi – The Big Success Podcast with Brad Sugars - January 27, 2023
- Episode #20-Staying Together-Part 3-Finances, Weight Gain, Bad Sex-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - January 27, 2023