Welcome to Episode 217 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Rom LaPointe, executive coach and founder and CEO of Capricorn Leadership. Having served as the CEO of ten privately held companies, Rom brings a unique perspective to the coaching he provides for business leaders and their teams. He shares with us what he learned from the six companies in which he had a positive exit and, even more important, from his three failures. His biggest learning: You can have a great idea, but you won’t succeed unless you assemble the right team to execute on that idea. He also talks about creating a legacy as an entrepreneur and the importance of influencing others in a positive way.
So if you want to know:
- Why beginning entrepreneurs need to say “no” to some opportunities
- The key traits of a healthy team
- Why entrepreneurs should “build to sell”
- How meeting quarterly with your team can “stop the hamster wheel”
- Tips for choosing a business coach
About Rom LaPointe
Rom LaPointe is a business coach and advisor to CEOs, leadership teams and boards. Prior to founding his own coaching company, Capricorn Leadership, Rom served as CEO for nine privately held companies. Rom is a member of Entrepreneurs Organization (EO), a global network of 15,000 leading entrepreneurs focused on personal and business growth. He has served in many leadership roles in EO and is currently the Global Leadership Committee Chair. More information about Rom and his company is available at his website, CapricornLeadership.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode #14-Janet on First Dates or Friend Zone-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - November 27, 2022
- Episode 244- Steven Adjei on the Struggles of Entrepreneurship and the Importance of Leaving a Legacy-with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - November 27, 2022
- Ep #21- Interview with Dr. Adam Rushford Owner of Hands on Health Chiropractic – w/Nick Bour Founder of Inspire Wealth - November 27, 2022