Welcome to Episode 213 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we speak with Jan Barlow, the founder of the non-profit Better Job Fit, which helps companies and individuals collaborate to identify and leverage their team strengths to increase individual performance, workplace satisfaction and profitability. Jan talks about how the pandemic, as a life-threatening experience, has changed the way employees think about their jobs and their needs. As a result, employers of all sizes need to be more innovative, look at the big picture and change their approach to strategic planning. We all need to ask, “What does my next look like?”
So if you want to know:
- Why both employers and employees need to get past “shame and blame”
- The importance of “connectional intelligence” and how collaborations can create a “win-win” situation
- How the emotional intelligence of the 90s needs to be replaced with today’s “consciously advanced” intelligence
- Why employers need to think differently about hiring and employees need to change how they decide on their next job
- Why the C-suite needs to see the real value proposition of HR
About Jan Barlow
Jan Barlow knows firsthand what can happen as a result of an unexpected career transition. When an unsuccessful merger forced her into a new position that didn’t fit her or her skill set, she saw her newly organized department collapse after nine months. This led her to create Better Job Fit, a non-profit that helps companies, executives and individuals enhance productivity and performance though customized sales training and performance plans. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode #53 – Charitable Giving – The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - November 29, 2023
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial-How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Reimagine Social Security for their Clients - November 28, 2023
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial-How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Get Clients With Seminars - November 28, 2023