Welcome to Episode 202 of Building My Legacy.
If, like many people, you’re concerned about how we can continue to feed earth’s inhabitants without further sacrificing our forests, you’ll want to hear from Paul Shapiro. Author and CEO of The Better Meat Co., Paul explains how his company is creating real meat from animal cells so we can continue to enjoy meat without slaughtering cattle or devoting more and more land to them. Creating meat from animal cells sounds like an idea from the future, but it’s happening right now as Paul’s company collaborates with companies like Perdue Farms and Hormel Foods to create the protein of the future. It’s a fascinating story and an important step in the legacy we leave for future generations.
So if you want to know:
- What’s involved in creating real meat from animal cells and the environmental advantages of this process
- How the future of protein will be far more diverse than it is today
- Brands to look for in the grocery store to explore this new approach to meat
- How start-ups can collaborate successfully with large, established companies
About Paul Shapiro
Paul Shapiro is the author of the national bestseller, Clean Meat: How Growing Meat Without Animals Will Revolutionize Dinner and the World. He is also the CEO of The Better Meat Co., a four-time TEDx speaker and the host of the “Business for Good” podcast. An authority on food and agricultural sustainability, Paul regularly appears on podcasts and news outlets and has published hundreds of articles in The Washington Post, Scientific American, FORTUNE and academic journals. Find out more at bettermeat.co
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Ep. #31 – Marisa Jones – Define Your Path with Dr. Virginia LeBlanc “DocV”, The Pivot Maestro. - December 6, 2022
- Episode #31-Two Early Social Security Finding Mistakes-The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - December 6, 2022
- Episode 503- Planning Vs Strategy-with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - December 6, 2022