The Secret to Hiring the Best Talent: Lessons from A Professional Baseball Scout-When the Stakes are High, What Do You Look For?
The title of today’s interview is: The Secret to Hiring the Best Talent: Lessons From a Professional Baseball Scout—When the Stakes are High, How Do You Discover and Hire The Right Talent?
Today, I’m talking with Gary Varsho, one of the best Talent Scouts in the Baseball Business. Expert Gary Varsho is a Professional Scout for the Pittsburgh Pirates and a Former Professional Baseball Player for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Did you know that Scouts recommend players simply based on behaviors they observe? They don’t talk with or engage players. They observe them from the stands. So, aren’t you curious about how can they confidently recommend a player? They have honed the art of creating holographic pictures of the player based upon observed behavior. Amazing, right? In this podcast Gary Varsho shares his secret formula to discovering and recommending players.
Why does he want to share his secrets? He is passionate about building his legacy in which he creates workspaces in which individuals thrive and teams to perform beyond expectations.
Jump right in and learn from the expert, Gary Varsho.
In this podcast you will learn the three key factors for which Gary Vasho assesses. These are:
- What unique skillset does the individual have? Will it add to the overall team skillset?
- Is this individual adaptable?
- Is this individual coachable?
For more information about our podcast today, call 952-232-6651 or check out our website: build2morrow.com. We help Business Leaders, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Executive Directors, Human Resources Executives accurately assess candidates, so you have the BEST Team for your organization. Again, for more information call 952-232-6651 or check out our website: build2morrow.com
SCHEULE A CALL:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us today. Do you have specific topics you would like me to address? Do you have questions? Do you want to provide feedback? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your on social media.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now!
Thanks for listening! Life is GOOD. Have a GREAT day!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Episode 67- Geoff Cook Shares His Entrepreneurial Journey-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard – August 4, 2020
- Episode 66-Celina Souffrant Looks at the UN-Sustainable Development Goals and their Implications for Your Business-with Lois Sonstegard – July 30, 2020
- Episode 65-Celina Souffrant on How Sustainability Can Boost Your Brand-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard –
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 59-How to “be a giraffe” and find better paths to wealth with Chris Jarvis-Dream Life is Real Life with Hanna Hermanson - August 6, 2020
- Blaise the Trail Ep 25 – Creative Collaboration – Blaise Hunter interviews Lindsay Hadley - August 6, 2020
- Ep. #9 – Malcolm Lemmons – Former Pro B-Ball Player on creating a legacy with Sivonnia DeBarros, Protector of Athletes. - August 4, 2020