The Secret to Hiring the Best Talent: Lessons from A Professional Baseball Scout-When the Stakes are High, What Do You Look For?
The title of today’s interview is: The Secret to Hiring the Best Talent: Lessons From a Professional Baseball Scout—When the Stakes are High, How Do You Discover and Hire The Right Talent?
Today, I’m talking with Gary Varsho, one of the best Talent Scouts in the Baseball Business. Expert Gary Varsho is a Professional Scout for the Pittsburgh Pirates and a Former Professional Baseball Player for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Did you know that Scouts recommend players simply based on behaviors they observe? They don’t talk with or engage players. They observe them from the stands. So, aren’t you curious about how can they confidently recommend a player? They have honed the art of creating holographic pictures of the player based upon observed behavior. Amazing, right? In this podcast Gary Varsho shares his secret formula to discovering and recommending players.
Why does he want to share his secrets? He is passionate about building his legacy in which he creates workspaces in which individuals thrive and teams to perform beyond expectations.
Jump right in and learn from the expert, Gary Varsho.
In this podcast you will learn the three key factors for which Gary Vasho assesses. These are:
- What unique skillset does the individual have? Will it add to the overall team skillset?
- Is this individual adaptable?
- Is this individual coachable?
For more information about our podcast today, call 952-232-6651 or check out our website: build2morrow.com. We help Business Leaders, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Executive Directors, Human Resources Executives accurately assess candidates, so you have the BEST Team for your organization. Again, for more information call 952-232-6651 or check out our website: build2morrow.com
SCHEULE A CALL:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us today. Do you have specific topics you would like me to address? Do you have questions? Do you want to provide feedback? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your on social media.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now!
Thanks for listening! Life is GOOD. Have a GREAT day!
Recent episodes from Lois Sonstegard, PhD (see all)
- Ep 5-Lynn Bell-Planning for Tomorrow’s Leaders-the Role of Social Responsibility and Education-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard,PhD – July 12, 2019
- Episode 4: Mistakes You Want to Avoid If You Want a Long-lasting Partnership with Chinese Business Leaders and Companies? – July 2, 2019
- EP #3-How To Integrate Boards of Director & Executive Teams & Be Positioned for New Board Trends-Building My Legacy with Lois Sonstegard,PhD – June 28, 2019
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode 49-How to Build Your Online Course in 20 Minutes a Day with Janet Kafadar-Dream Life is Real Life with Hanna Hermanson - July 16, 2019
- Ep 251 -Small Business Marketing Strategies Your Competitors Aren’t Using-Brand Doctor Podcast with Henry Kaminski, Jr. - July 16, 2019
- The Art of Authority Podcast with Mike Saunders-John Hall Author of Top of Mind - July 12, 2019