Welcome to Episode 197 of Building My Legacy.
Addictions therapist Candace Plattor believes that, to overcome addiction, everyone in the family needs to be involved. All too often, Candace says, an addict completes treatment, and the family has received little or no guidance as to what needs to happen next. Without the proper counseling for the family, a relapse is likely. Candace — herself a recovered opioid addict, now 34 years clean and sober — delivers a message that is vitally important today as so many families are affected by addiction.
So if you want to know:
- The difference between helping and enabling somebody
- The importance for loved ones to set boundaries with the addicts in their lives
- Why you need to act quickly when you suspect that someone is addicted or becoming addicted
- When to start talking with your children about the dangers of drug use
About Candace Plattor
Candace Plattor is an addictions therapist who specializes in working with family members and loved ones of people struggling with addiction. Her signature “LoveWithBoundaries” Family Addiction Counselling and Therapy Program has helped many addicts and their loved ones understand their dysfunctional behaviors and make healthier life choices. To learn more — and get a free download of Candace’s book, Loving an Addict. Loving Yourself, and a free 30-minute phone or Zoom consultation — go to https://lovewithboundaries.com/freegift/
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial -How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Mitigate Taxes in Retirement for their clients - December 3, 2023
- Interview with Tim Tacl Co-Founder / Sr. Loan Officer at DNVR Lending - November 30, 2023
- Episode #53 – Charitable Giving – The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - November 29, 2023