Welcome to Episode 193 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we discuss trademarks with Andrei Mincov whose company, Trademark Factory,® offers trademarking services with guaranteed results for a guaranteed budget. Trained as a lawyer, Andrei became passionate about intellectual property after helping his Russian composer father fight a radio station that stole his music. He explains how intellectual property rights were designed to help the “little guy” and walks us through how to decide if you need a trademark, the best time to file it and if you need to consider filing for a trademark outside your own country. As part of our discussion, Andrei shares his thoughts on the mindset you need to become successful and how a trademark can positively affect how you treat your brand. If you’ve ever wondered if you need a trademark for your business name, Andrei’s detailed, easy-to-understand explanation is a great place to start.
So if you want to know:
- The importance of finding out if your company or product name is even “trademarkable”
- How domain names, LLCs or incorporations don’t really protect your brand
- Questions to ask to determine if you need to file a trademark beyond your home country
- The biggest mistakes small businesses make when it comes to trademarking
- The five factors for any successful business
About Andrei Mincov
Andrei Mincov is the founder of Trademark Factory, the only company in the world to offer trademarking services with a guaranteed result for a guaranteed budget. His career in intellectual property started when he was still in law school in Russia and needed to help his father — a famous Russian composer — fight a major radio station that stole his music. The bestselling author of seven books on intellectual property, Andrei and his company have helped thousands of clients, including industry leaders like Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and J.K. Rowling as well as start-ups. To learn more — and request a free call with a Trademark Factory strategy advisor — visit trademarkfactory.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with Tim Tacl Co-Founder / Sr. Loan Officer at DNVR Lending - November 30, 2023
- Episode #53 – Charitable Giving – The 15 Minute Financial Feast Podcast-With Mark Triplett & Troy Westendorf - November 29, 2023
- Kim Magdalein w/Magdalein Financial-How Social Security Planners of America Helps Advisors Reimagine Social Security for their Clients - November 28, 2023