Welcome to Episode 190 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Mark Rockwell who is both an attorney and an entrepreneur. After graduating from law school and passing the bar, Mark realized that he enjoyed business more than he enjoyed the law. So, after building a number of businesses, he sold his last company and began helping other businesses — particularly law firms — get better organized, scale up and become more profitable. Although Mark works specifically with attorneys, his message is valuable for any business that is struggling to achieve the consistency that’s necessary to grow. Mark is adamant about the need for businesses to focus. In fact, it’s the first part of his “FACE” acronym, which addresses what entrepreneurs and professionals need to emphasize to run a successful business.
So if you want to know:
- Why focus and discipline — two necessities for a successful business — can be so challenging for entrepreneurs and professionals
- Tips for dealing with emails, texts and other interruptions that steal your time and mental energy
- The importance of giving yourself time — each day — to get mentally organized
- About the need to create boundaries so you can maintain life balance and good mental health
- The value of getting business advice from someone who’s “one-click removed”
About Mark Rockwell
An attorney and an entrepreneur, Mark Rockwell has started and grown several companies during his career, experiencing the same frustrations and setbacks all lawyers and business owners face. Today he works with attorneys to help them create their vision and implement an operating platform that builds healthy, thriving law firms. Mark is the author of the ebook, Five Mistakes Lawyers Make that Kill Their Career, available free on his website, www.coachrockwell.com. On Mark’s website you’ll also find a law firm organizational checkup that includes his “25 Fundamental Questions” attorneys should ask themselves about the performance of their firm. Mark is also offering a free, one-hour coaching session to the first 10 Building My Legacy listeners who email him at email@example.com or call him at 503-784-7205
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Episode #14-Janet on First Dates or Friend Zone-The All In-Definitely Podcast with Anwar R. Sadeek and Cyana Alvarez - November 27, 2022
- Episode 244- Steven Adjei on the Struggles of Entrepreneurship and the Importance of Leaving a Legacy-with Lois Sonstegard,PHD - November 27, 2022
- Ep #21- Interview with Dr. Adam Rushford Owner of Hands on Health Chiropractic – w/Nick Bour Founder of Inspire Wealth - November 27, 2022