Welcome to Episode 189 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast Meghan Lynch, the founder and CEO of Six-Point Creative, talks about her entrepreneurial journey and how it led to the focus of her company: Helping family-owned food and beverage businesses move from a “stuck brand at a plateau” to a focused, scalable brand positioned for sustainable growth. The Six-Point Creative flagship program — Solve for Y Brand Accelerator System — is designed to help family businesses double their business without losing their existing customers or values. Meghan shares with us the most common mistakes family businesses make and her recommendations for what businesses should be planning for now. It’s a fascinating discussion for any business leader and one that will be of particular value for owners of family businesses.
So if you want to know:
- Why businesses get “stuck” — and it’s not for lack of opportunities
- Why you need to figure out the DNA — “do not alter” — of your brand
- How internal/external branding can help you retain key employees and position your company as an employer of choice
- How the fear of alienating an existing client can stop you from growing
- How knowing your company’s touchpoints can help you spend your marketing dollars more effectively
About Meghan Lynch
Meghan Lynch is a brand strategist and founder and CEO of Six-Point Creative. She basically fell into entrepreneurship and, when her co-founding partners retired, realized she had to figure it out for herself. After talking with other CEOs of family-owned, closely held businesses, she decided to focus Six-Point Creative on family-owned restaurants and food manufacturers. Today she helps these businesses make smarter, faster decisions that drive growth. A sought-after speaker, Megan was named one of the Enterprising Women of the Year in 2019. She has set up a special landing page on her company’s website for Building My Legacy listeners. At www.sixpointcreative.com/buildyourlegacy, you can find a number of business tools, including her “touch point matrix” to help you focus your marketing budget more effectively.
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with James Johnson, President & Owner of All Mark Insurance Services – How Taxes Impact Retirement - February 22, 2024
- Interview with Kevin Guttman, Reverse Mortgage Specialist - February 21, 2024
- Interview with Rich Scott, Vice President of Growth at milehimodern - February 15, 2024