Welcome to Episode 171 of Building My Legacy.
In this podcast we talk with Brian Johnson, the founder of Main & Johnson, Inc., a business consulting and coaching company whose goal is to help small to medium-sized businesses thrive — not just survive. Brian shares his own entrepreneurial journey with us, explaining how he made the jump from building multi-million dollar business units within Fortune 500 companies to starting his own small business. He also covers the progression of companies along the business cycle, using a practical analogy of an airline flight — from takeoff, through ascension, cruising altitude and safe landing. Along the way he explores what to do when you need to make adjustments for turbulence and how to formulate a strategy for continued growth. You’ll find out discussion helpful whether you’re starting a new business, trying to break through a plateau or planning for your exit.
So if you want to know:
- The importance of developing a growth strategy — even when your business is already growing
- Why you can’t wait for everything to be perfect again before moving your business forward
- The importance of figuring out what systems you need to scale and grow your business
- How finding the right partners can help deliver value to your business
- When it’s time to look for a business coach
- Why you can’t lose sight of the “end game”
About Brian Johnson
The founder and owner of Main & Johnson, a business consulting and coaching company, Brian Johnson partners with the owners of small- and medium-sized businesses to bridge the gap between what success they’ve had and the success they seek. Brian and his team specialize in driving accountability, long-term growth and accelerated results by blending his outside perspective with the business owners’ knowledge and experience. With a strong background in market segmentation, P&L management and organizational design, Brian has a passion for changing the cultural fabric of people leadership, marketing and sales by empowering teams to exceed goals. More information about Brian and his company is available at their website, businessconsultingcharlotte.com
About Lois Sonstegard, PhD
Working with business leaders for more than 30 years, Lois has learned that successful leaders have a passion to leave a meaningful legacy. Leaders often ask: When does one begin to think about legacy? Is there a “best” approach? Is there a process or steps one should follow?
Lois is dedicated not only to developing leaders but to helping them build a meaningful legacy. Learn more about how Lois can help your organization with Leadership Consulting and Executive Coaching:
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates.
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Please leave a review right now. Thanks for listening!
Mike Saunders, MBA
Recent episodes from Mike Saunders, MBA (see all)
- Interview with D. Scott Kenik, Founder and Principal of Wealth Concepts Group Discussing Alternative Investment Options - May 29, 2023
- Interview with Rick Elmore, Founder and CEO of Simply Noted - May 29, 2023
- Interview with D. Scott Kenik, Founder and Principal of Wealth Concepts Group Discussing Market Volatility - May 26, 2023